I was going to do a “Treasure Hunt” contest this month, but I’ve instead decided to do something a little different because of the recent discussions on N4G that arose for the recent PewDiePie item as well as it’s just a good time to do it since the new site is in full use and people have had more time to think about it and what they do or don’t like.
So, here’s the other half of the contest for July:
THE SURVEY CONTEST
This is a pretty simple contest. You must PM me, Christopher, via http://n4g.com/user/home/ch… , the responses to each of the True/False questions below. This contest is open to all users who are not employees of HAVAMedia and have an account that was open before January 1, 2016. You must provide a valid True or False answer to each question. Closing date on this contest is 11:59 pm EDT, July 31, 2016.
From the pool of acceptable responses, 5 random winners will be selected. Each winner will get a $100 Amazon Gift Card.
1. I browse N4G using a mobile device most of the time, True or False?
2. I like the new site layout/design more than the old one, True or False?
3. I come to N4G because I think it’s a good place to get video game news, True or False?
4. I come to N4G to discuss video game news and interests with other N4G users, True or False?
5. If I have a problem, I know how to contact the moderators about it, True or False?
6. I would like the ability to filter out content on the front page of N4G by type of content (opinion pieces, rumors, etc.), True or False?
7. I would like the ability to filter out content on the front page of N4G from a specific source (IGN, Kotaku, etc.), True or False?
8. I think N4G should temporarily or permanently ban sites for misleading titles/content, True or False?
9. I think N4G should temporarily or permanently ban sites for clickbait titles, True or False?
10. I think N4G should allow submissions about all forms of GamerGate, both pro and anti, and similar Social Issues, True or False?
11. I think N4G should allow cursing in the comments section, True or False?
12. I think N4G should allow namecalling/personal attacks in the comments section, True or False?
13. I think N4G should allow trolling in the comments section, True or False?
15. I think answering these questions is pointless since I don’t think N4G will change, True or False?
SOME THINGS TO NOTE
1. Don’t post your answers below. We don’t want this turning into an argument, but to be an anonymous response. Comments like this will be marked as spam.
2. Don’t use this as a chance to complain about specific users, groups of users, sites, or moderators in the comments section. Any such comments will be marked as spam.
3. Be honest with your True or False answers.
4. Your answers will remain private and will not be shared with anyone else.
5. The results will be posted next month.
6. The results will be passed onto HAVAMedia.
Some Terms and Conditions:
1. Competition is open to all N4G users, except for employees of HAVAmedia and immediate relatives, who have a valid N4G account before January 1, 2016. Contests are not limited to the US/NA. Note: Moderators do not receive remuneration, are not employees of HAVAmedia, and are eligible for N4G monthly contests.
2. The closing date for all contests is 11:59 PM EDT 31 July 2016.
3. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, N4G/HAVAmedia reserves the right to substitute the prizes for alternatives of equal or greater value.
4. Prizes are not transferable.
5. The winners of the competition will be notified by N4G ticket on or before August 7, 2016.
6. Failure to reply to ticket notification within seven (7) days may result in forfeiture of a prize.
7. All N4G TOU apply and may affect eligibility.
8. Lottery style winners are chosen at random from eligible entries. Spam or multiple accounts will result in disqualification.
9. All prizes are in USD, where prizes are awarded to winners outside the USD the exchange rate at the time of prize issue will affect prize amount.
10. This contest falls outside of the normal “may only win one contest a month” series of contests and so may be won by someone who also won one of the monthly contests.