The film is based on Fumiyo Kono‘s To All The Corners Of The World (Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni) manga. The award-winning manga follows a bride named Suzu Urano as she moves to her new life in Kure City on the coast of Hiroshima Prefecture. Suzu perseveres through World War II with pluck and determination.
The cast includes:
- Rena Nounen as Suzu, the heroine
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Shūsaku, her husband
- Natsuki Inaba as Harumi, a niece
- Minori Omi as Michiko, a sister-in-law
- Daisuke Ono as Akira, an elementary school classmate
- Megumi Han as Sumi, Suzu’s little sister
- Shigeru Ushiyama as Entarō, Shūsaku’s father
- Mayumi Shintani as San, Shūsaku’s mother
Nanase Iwai and Tengai Shibuya are also part of the film’s cast in as-yet unspecified roles.
Director and writer Sunao Katabuchi (Mai Mai Miracle, Black Lagoon) had announced the feature film in 2012.
The film will open in Japan on November 12. The film screened at Annecy in a Work in Progress session in June. Animatsu Entertainment acquired the global rights to the film.