For a lot of games, the Xbox One X is about the become the definitive place to play them. In case you haven’t already, you can add Madden NFL 18 to the list as the game will now render at 4K/60 FPS thanks to “the power of the Frostbite engine, combined with the advanced technology of Xbox One X” EA said in a blog post detailing the game’s Xbox One X update.
Here’s the breakdown of what benefits Xbox One X owners will have available to them:
- Upgraded Resolution from 1080p to 4K Ultra HD: Providing players with the highest fidelity visuals in Madden NFL experience ever, delivering hyper-realistic gameplay to your fingertips
- Gameplay Runs at a Consistent 60 frames per second (fps): Delivers seamless transitions and improved gameplay performance between each down
- Character Level of Detail: Vibrant, detailed athlete visuals bringing your favorite NFL stars to life!
On top of the visual improvements, EA says they are bringing several fixes to the game in the next title update.
- Pass Accuracy tuning
- Addressed MUT squads improper XP awards
- Tuning to balance Coach Adjustments
- Replaced the “Bluff Blitz” hot route with “Hard Flat” for Inside linebackers
- Addressed issues around users losing control for a short time during the camera flip on turnovers
If you’d like to get a look at the full change list, you can head over here.