Shochiku began streaming a trailer for the theatrical screening for the Kabuki stage play based on Eiichiro Oda‘s One Piece manga on Wednesday. The video shows some scenes from the stage play.
The screening will open in Japanese theaters on October 22.
The play ran from October 7 to November 25 at the Shinbashi Enbujō in Ginza, Tokyo. 100,000 tickets for the Tokyo run all sold out. It ran in Osaka from March 1 to 25, and in Fukuoka from April 2 to 26.
Click Here To Download
The play adapts volumes 51-60 of the manga, a portion of the story known as the “Paramount War Saga.” In the story, Luffy attempts to find his brother Ace and save him from execution, while a war erupts between the World Government and the Whitebeard Pirates.
The kabuki stage play’s full cast is as follows:
- Ichikawa Ennosuke IV as Luffy, Hancock, Shanks (seen right)
- Ichikawa Ukon as Whitebeard
- Bandō Minosuke II as Zoro, Bentham, Squard
- Nakamura Hayato as Sanji, Inazuma
- Ichikawa Shunen II as Nami, Sandersonia
- Ichikawa Kōtarō as Hatchan, Sentomaru
- Ichikawa Juen as Avalo Pizarro
- Ichikawa Emisaburō as Nyon
- Ichikawa Enya II as Jinbei, Blackbeard (Teach)
- Ichikawa Emiya II as Nico Robin, Marigold
- Ichikawa Omezō VI as Magellan
- Ichikawa Monnosuke VIII as Tsuru
- Seiji Fukushi as Ace
- Noritoshi Kashima as Brook, “Akainu” Sakazuki
- Kazuyuki Asano as Rayleigh, Ivankov, Sengoku